Fr. Richard Demetrius Andrews
Diane Anastos - email@example.com
Petko Ivanov - firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Kanavati - email@example.com
George Mastrogiorgis - 651-646-2132; firstname.lastname@example.org
James Therose - 651-747-6057; email@example.com
Andrea Walkush - 715-490-0124; firstname.lastname@example.org
Lily Zahariades - 651-646-0872; email@example.com
GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA
UNIFORM PARISH REGULATIONS 2005
ARTICLE 24, Section 1, P.38; ARTICLE 29, Section 1-5, Pp.44-45
To serve on a Parish Council is a ministry and all those who serve are called to represent Christ and the Orthodox Faith to all whom they meet in all aspects of life…The Parish Council is responsible to the Parish Assembly and to the respective Hierarch for conducting all Parish affairs in keeping with the mission, aims and purposes of the Church. (Article 24, Section 1, p.38)
Duties of Parish Council (Article 29, Section 1-5, p. 44-45)
- Attend divine services regularly.
- Participate in sacramental life of the Church.
- Set an example for parishioners.
- Attend parish council meetings.
- Assist priest in administration of the affairs & ministries of the Parish.
- Establish committees inc. Stewardship, Finance, Fundraising, Planning and Real Estate
- Utilize Stewardship material provided by Archdiocese to implement and expand Parish Stewardship program and ministries.
- Prepare budgets and collect revenue of the Church (issue receipts).
- Provide for Priest’s remuneration and benefits according to Clergy Compensation Plan of Archdiocese.
- Provide financing for salaries of the Parish personnel.
- Provide financing for Parish administration and for spiritual, educational and other ministries and expenses.
- Buy, sell, mortgage Parish property.
- Provide for payments and assessments for support of Archdiocese.
- Submit year-end stewardship report and budget for ensuing year to Hierarch and Archdiocese.
- Submit annual Parish profile reports required by Archdiocese or Metropolis.
- Engage and discharge all parish personnel with consent of the priest.
OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS OF THE GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA