GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA
UNIFORM PARISH REGULATIONS 2005
ARTICLE 18, Section 1, P.33
A parishioner in good standing:
- is baptized and chrismated according to the rites of the Orthodox Church.
- practices all the religious and moral duties as described below.
- is eighteen years of age or over.
- is current in his or her stewardship and other financial obligations
- to the Parish.
- abides by all Archdiocese regulations and Parish Bylaws.
- cooperates in every way towards the welfare and well being of the Parish.
- Stewardship is recommended to be ten percent (10%) of one’s annual income as stated in Holy Scripture to help meet the financial obligations of the Parish, the Metropolis and the Archdiocese.
The religious, moral & social duties of a parishioner:
- to apply the tenets of the Orthodox faith to his or her life; adhere and live according to them.
- to seek personal spiritual growth,
- to faithfully attend the Divine Liturgy and other worship services.
- to participate regularly in the holy sacraments.
- to respect all ecclesiastical authority and all governing bodies of the Church,
- to be obedient in matters of faith and ecclesiastical order.
- to contribute towards the progress of the Church’s sacred mission.
- to be an effective witness and example of the Orthodox Faith and Traditions to all people.